Sunrise Children’s Center is a leader in early childhood education, “the best keep secret in NH.” We encourage curiosity and confidence through intentional, hands-on learning experiences that seek to develop responsible, productive citizens and life-long learners. In our classrooms, we bring learning to life with a passionate team of educators who strive to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for children ages 6 weeks to 10 years of age. Our teachers bring warmth, patience, experience and a level of professionalism to our classrooms every day; encouraging children to learn and grow at their developmental level. We inspire our children to explore and develop their curiosity through our intentional play-based curriculum and parent partnerships. Our team is committed to student success in an enriching environment built on meaningful relationships with our children, families and team of educators.
When you join our educational team you will:
- Assist and lead in the implementation of play-based curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child.
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Partner with parents with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children.
- Support our center’s success by partnering with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation and engagement.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, community contacts and corporate partners.
Qualifications, required skills and experience:
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and discovery go hand-in-hand.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain.
- Upon 18 years of age must complete and comply with NH CCLU requirements for background checks and employment eligibility card.
Lead teacher qualifications:
- Minimum of 18 Early Childhood credits with 3 credits in Child Growth & Development.
Associate teacher qualifications:
- Minimum of 9 Early Childhood credits with 3 credits in Child Growth & Development, OR
- 1500 hours of supervised experience, 3 Early Childhood credits and a written plan for 6 Early Childhood credits in 12 months, OR
- Minimum of 100 hours of supervised experience and completion of a 2-year vocational/certificate child care course.
Assistant teacher qualification:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
The benefits for our full-time team of educators includes:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Discounted child care
- Paid earned time and paid holidays
- Education and professional development financial assistance and reimbursement
- Access to Liberty Mutual Group Saving Plus Program
- 403(b) savings and investment plan with employer match
Students from Longview School in Deerfield celebrate academic excellence.
Longview School, Deerfield, NH
- Michael Burns, Merrimack
- Hayden Cyr, East Kingston
- Jacob Goodwin, Hudson
- Noah Sylvia, Manchester
- Freddy Wells, Derry
Partnership will directly benefit the center’s infant and toddler services
Sunrise Children’s Center, one of the core programs of the Regional Services and Education Center (RSEC), has teamed up with Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc. Child Care Aware of New Hampshire (CCAoNH) to help enhance its services and provide technical support. Working through the Child Care Aware Progressive Training and Technical Assistance Program, the work will support Sunrise’s Infant & Toddler Team Initiative.
The goal of this effort is to cultivate a culture of continuous quality improvement through meaningful and intentional professional development opportunities. To address this, CCAoNH will provide the following services:
- Review and assist in the assessment of current program practices on professional development needs, including New Hampshire’s Early Learning Standards
- Provide technical assistance to participating infant and toddler teaching staff on the NH Professional Registry, NH Infant and Toddler Workforce Specialized Competencies, NH Early Childhood Professional Development System and the CCAoNH Flex Training Series
- Work with CCAoNH training and technical assistance specialists to review challenges, successes and future goals for professional development needs of the infant and toddler teaching staff
“We’ve been impressed with the breadth of services CCAoNH offers and are excited about this comprehensive technical assistance and training opportunity. Gaining additional expertise in the field for our team can only enhance the services we provide to infants and toddlers,” said Lorraine Greer, program director at Sunrise Children’s Center.
Located in Amherst, New Hampshire, Sunrise Children’s Center is open year-round and offers full-day and half-day programs for children ages six weeks to four years, before and after-school options and vacation programs for children up to fourth grade. The Center provides a developmentally appropriate program that fosters cognitive, social-emotional and physical growth at each stage of development, and is a licensed early childhood educational center. As part of RSEC, Sunrise and its sister programs work together to ensure that students of all ages and abilities have the best environment possible in which to learn and grow.
“The goal of Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc. CCAoNH is to support early educators by providing professional development programming in alignment with best practices and state standards. CCAoNH is excited to partner with the Sunrise Children’s Center’s early childhood program to provide these services over the coming months,” said Tracy Pond, program manager at CCAoNH.
The services will be provided at no cost. Upon completion, Sunrise will receive a certificate of completion for the Progressive Training and Technical Assistance Program.