About Longview School
Longview School is a New Hampshire Department of Education-approved, diploma-granting, day program that provides education and therapeutic services to high school students. It is operated in a log lodge located on a 154-acre campus bordering Pawtuckaway State Park in Deerfield, New Hampshire. Longview School takes full advantage of the wilderness setting for project-based academics, inspiration for visual and culinary Arts Based Counseling programs, and Adventure Based Counseling activities.
Small class sizes are comprised of no more than eight students. Unique programs and activities, such as multi-day hiking and camping expeditions, culinary arts, and outdoor classrooms, set Longview apart. Longview School can provide a creative approach to teaching struggling students by helping them understand their behaviors and build relationships in pro-social activities.
Longview School is a grand log structure located at the top of a mountain, seated amongst hiking trails, gardens, a greenhouse, student-created sculptures and artwork and panoramic views of a 5,000-acre nature preserve. Many outbuildings, pathways, artwork, and even lunch recipes, were created by students as part of their curriculum. All outdoor equipment is provided at no cost.
Other facilities for student use include:
- Technical education shop for woodworking and art
- Repair and building shop with supplies
- Extensive art studio
- Full-service commercial kitchen
- Nature center
- Extensive trail network, including an art trail
- Vegetable garden and greenhouse
- Bike maintenance and repair shop
- Park access for climbing, hiking and biking
- Outdoor equipment including snowshoes, mountain bikes, kayaks and camping gear
- Great Room for assemblies and community gatherings