About Longview School
Longview School is a New Hampshire Department of Education-approved, diploma-granting, day program that provides education and therapeutic services to high school students. It is operated in a log lodge located on a 154-acre campus bordering Pawtuckaway State Park in Deerfield, New Hampshire. Longview School takes full advantage of the wilderness setting for project-based academics, an inspiration for visual and culinary Arts-Based Counseling programs, and Adventure Based Counseling activities.
Small class sizes are comprised of no more than eight students. Unique programs and activities, such as multi-day hiking and camping expeditions, culinary arts, and outdoor classrooms, set Longview apart. Longview School can provide a creative approach to teaching struggling students by helping them understand their behaviors and build relationships in pro-social activities.
Longview School is a grand log structure located at the top of a mountain, seated amongst hiking trails, gardens, a greenhouse, student-created sculptures and artwork and panoramic views of a 5,000-acre nature preserve. Many outbuildings, pathways, artwork, and even lunch recipes were created by students as part of their curriculum. All outdoor equipment is provided at no cost.
- Technical education shop for woodworking and art
- Repair and building shop with supplies
- Extensive art studio
- Full-service commercial kitchen
- Nature center
- Extensive trail network, including an art trail
- Vegetable garden and greenhouse
- Bike maintenance and repair shop
- Park access for climbing, hiking and biking
- Outdoor equipment including snowshoes, mountain bikes, kayaks and camping gear
- Great Room for assemblies and community gatherings