Longview School admissions
To begin the application process, please contact us to set up an interview. Please also send student IEP paperwork, latest transcripts, and recent evaluations.
After the interview, and if the student and Longview School staff think it is a good fit, we will schedule a day visit to shadow a current student and complete academic assessments to determine class placement.
Our class sizes are capped at eight students, and Longview School’s capacity is 22 students. For more information about availability and enrollment details, contact Tom Jennings at email@example.com or online.
Young men and women between the ages of 13 and 21, with emotional, behavioral or other educational disabilities who have been unsuccessful in prior educational settings are welcome to apply.
Every member of the Longview School community is required to commit to the following five elements:
- Attendance – our hands-on approach requires you – and your hands – to be here.
- Academics – you must be of average intellectual ability and capable of working in a small group setting.
- Behavior – you must be self-aware of your issues and be able to manage behavior with support and feedback from Longview School staff. We respond to different behaviors appropriately, encouraging the appropriate reward or consequence, just like in real life.
- Adventure Based Counseling and Arts Based Counseling – the core of our therapy work happens every Friday, through small groups and the shared experience of a hands-on experience, such as paddling, skiing, rock climbing, culinary or visual arts, and other expeditions, and everyone participates.
- Best effort – effort can overcome many obstacles that students with unique learning challenges face every day. We look for that effort in the classroom, in project work, and counseling sessions.