Our mission and history
The mission of RSEC is to raise the capability of parents and schools to help all children and youth be successful. Our programs offer unique learning environments to children ages six weeks to 21 years old, professional development to educators, and consulting services to schools and school districts. We provide challenging and supportive environments for students unable to thrive in traditional school settings at each of our five core programs: Sunrise Children’s Center, The RSEC Academy High School; The RSEC Academy Middle School; Longview School; and Vista Learning Center.
Which program is right for you? ›
A history of teaching excellence
Over the years, RSEC has evolved with the needs of the Southern New Hampshire community and the school districts within it.
- 1974 – RSEC was organized as the Regional Special Education Consortium to provide special education and related services to students from three NH School Administrative Units in the Souhegan region
- 1980 – RSEC incorporated as a private not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation
- 1989 – Sunrise Children’s Center established
- 1990 – The organization’s name was changed to Regional Services & Education Center, Inc., to reflect the diversity of the agency
- 1996 – The RSEC Academy High School and The RSEC Academy Middle School were established
- 2000 – Longview School established
- 2015 – Began creating a new strategic plan to guide existing and future programs and to ensure RSEC’s offerings align with needs of families, school districts, community, and workforce
- 2017 – Vista Learning Center established
- 2017 – Start of five-year implementation phase of new strategic plan